Friday, April 9, 2010

Charlye's 1st conversation...ever!

We've been working on saying "thank you!" and "welcome!" with Charlye. So when I put her down for bed and give her a sippy cup she usually says "Dink ya MAW". Today I'm laying her down and I start talking to her like I normally do and the following conversation happened. Now keep in mind she's only 18 months old....so this was my 1st conversation with her, EVER!

Me: "Are you ready for a nap? I think you are, you look sleepy!"

Charlye: "OOOHHH NOOOO!!!"

Me: "What? You don't want to take a nap?"

Charlye: "NO! NO! NO!"

Me: "Well you need to Charlye, you'll be grumpy, do you want your sippy?"

Charlye: "Yea-YUM!"

Me: "Yum!?!"

Charlye "Dink you Maw!"

Me: "Welcome"

Charlye: "Weltome!"

Me: "Love you sweet girl!"

Charlye: "Love ya Maw!"

Me: "Did you just say Love ya Ma?"

Charlye: "Yea...BYYYYEEE!!" She pulled the cover up over her and rolled over to go to sleep. :) I remember just getting excited for her to say one or two words let alone sentences!

1 comment:

  1. Aww...how precious!!!
    Cant wait to hear her talking!!
    Looks like it will be after Disney that we get to hang out :(
    Good thing though, soccer will be over, so our free time expands!! :)

    ReplyDelete